The best camera bags for Sony a7c will protect your camera equipment from bumps and bruises, as well as from the elements in many cases. They let you keep all of your photography equipment close at hand and easily accessible when you need it.
However, there are six primary sorts of camera bags, so which one do you require? All of the advantages and disadvantages are discussed, as well as some of our favorite camera bags and links to more extensive instructions on each type of camera bag.
Best Camera Bag for Sony a7c
1. Peak Design Everyday Backpack V2
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Customizable internal dividers make this bag ideal for everyday, camera, and laptop carry.
- SIDE + TOP ACCESS: Access from top via MagLatch, plus dual side zips. Never dig through your bag again.
- PROTECTED LAPTOP SLEEVE: Holds 15" laptops (see listing for exact measurements) and is accessed externally.
- EXPANDABLE CAPACITY: 8L of internal expansion, plus 4 hidden straps for carrying items on bag exterior.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Weatherproof, 100% recycled nylon canvas shell is DWR impregnated, double PU-Coated and Bluesign certified.
Peak Design’s Everyday Backpack, which gained widespread attention through a successful Kickstarter campaign some years ago, has now gone on to win multiple honors as one of the most inventive carry goods ever created.
Peak Design’s Everyday collection has recently seen the introduction of the second generation, which has brought with it a refresh to all of the most popular models, including the introduction of the Everyday Backpack V2.
2. Morally Toxic Wraith
- Wraith is the ultimate choice for photographers looking for something other than plain, corporate camera bags. Stylish, luxurious and built for the rigours of professional photography, the Morally Toxic Wraith messenger bag is made using tough fabrics with smart storage inside and out.
- Designed by photographers, Wraith has a padded main storage area with customisable dividers and multiple pockets, ensuring space for all your gear. Available in medium and large, you’ll have plenty of room for extra lenses, flashguns, filters, lens cloths, cables, laptops & tablets.
- Treated to repel liquids, the bag also features a unique ‘frog’ pocket for easy stowage of wet items, protecting your electronics. Wraith is made with zipped access and a protective front flap for extra security - it even has a secret pocket for stowing money or passports.
- Wraith was designed with comfort and ease in mind. The woven nylon shoulder strap is adjustable with extra detachable padding, as well as boasting a dual carry handle on top. It also has a stowage strap for connecting to roller cases - functional and comfortable.
- You can choose the Morally Toxic Wraith camera messenger bag in one of three eye-catching colours; onyx, sapphire or emerald. The team at Morally Toxic aims to innovate, inspire and be the best that we can be, so all our products feature a 5-year global warranty to give you peace of mind.
A removable carrying strap and two different sets of fastening loops allow the Morally Toxic Wraith to be used as a shoulder or sling bag, giving it a bit of a divided personality, as seen in the image above. It boasts a unique appearance in onyx, emerald, and sapphire color scheme possibilities, as well as inventive design flourishes and exquisite construction quality. It is a far cry from the standard black. Overall, it has an advantage over a large number of competitors. The Wraith is a stylish and well-protected bag for transporting your photographic equipment and everyday items in elegance and with enough protection.
3. Lowepro ProTactic 450 AW II Black Pro Modular Backpack
2 used from $179.41
- Tough eva moulded top armoured section and protective padding all round the bag ensures equipment inside is protected
- Flexible and adaptive dividers inside allow multiple configurations of camera kit to be positioned with ease
- Modular Includes two quick lock straps and a slip lock tripod cup to mount a tripod securely also fits multiple accessories in the lowepro range with the slip lock system
- Comfortable carrying with the activzone system technology delivers targeted support at shoulder blades lumbar and waist for all day carry comfort
- Protective laptop carrying with cradlefit pocket suspends and protects up to 15-Inch laptop for 450 and 13-Inch for the 350 model
The first thing you notice about Lowepro’s ProTactic 450 AW II is how modest it is in its appearance. The combination of a flat black shell with webbing throughout achieves the right balance of design and practicality. When you unzip the bag, you’ll see that it’s just as beautiful on the inside as the outside.
With enough space to accommodate two DSLR or mirrorless cameras, extra lenses, and even a drone, you won’t have to worry about deciding which gadget to bring along on your journey. The only difference is that you’ll be able to carry the best equipment for whatever circumstance happens.
Several different configurations may be achieved by adjusting the flexible, cushioned partitions. This gives you the freedom to set up your camera equipment any way you wish. And the durable EVA-molded top cushioning that wraps around the whole bag protects it from harm.
This design’s ease of entrance and gear accessibility are two of our favorite features. Because of a lower-corner entrance point with zip closure, we may quickly access our camera from the side of the pack while on the road. In addition, there is a prominent entry point. We may also lay the pack flat and use a U-shaped zipper to unzip the entire front face of the bag completely.
4. Lowepro Fastpack PRO BP 250 AW III
- KEEP ALL YOUR PHOTO GEAR SAFE: securely carry your pro mirrorless or pro DSLR camera with portrait grip and 2-3 extra lenses or DJI folding drone kit
- QUICKLY ACCESS WHAT YOU NEED: QuickDoor 2-stage access allows you to get to your camera in an instant to capture the shot
- ENHANCED PROTECTION: All Weather AW Cover and PU coated fabrics safeguard against dirt, abrasion and moisture while CradleFit laptop compartment protects 15 inch laptop from impact
- READY FOR THE PACE OF MODERN TRAVEL: 3 primary storage zones, molded EVA camera divider system, padded waist belt and light design help keep you organized and comfortable while traveling
- DURABILITY YOU CAN RELY ON: robust and smooth #10 zipper ensures reliability and performance through years of use
The Lowepro Fastpack Pro BP 250 AW III is a daily adventure camera pack that is just as tough and durable as our top-of-the-line recommendation. This bag has a primary compartment that can accommodate a DSLR camera with numerous extra lenses, a foldable drone kit, and a 15-inch laptop.
It also includes an additional storage room for personal belongings. The outside pocket and security strap are ideal for carrying a tripod, and the accessory compartments on the interior and outside help us keep all of our supplies organized and in order.
Pull tabs on the zippers in the shape of a U make it easier to get to the main compartment of the pack than usual. It has decent storage space for common items like a mid-layer, a rain jacket, a wallet, and other small items in the highest portion of the pack.
The central front pocket opens with a zipper to reveal extra storage compartments on the interior, including one with a tricot liner that is gentle on a phone screen or the lens of sunglasses. A large external pocket on the front of the bag provides enough space for keys, a wallet, or a small diary.
5. Shimoda Explore V2 25 Water Resistant Camera Backpack
1 used from $329.99
- INTERNATIONAL CARRY-ON COMPATIBLE AND TRAVEL FRIENDLY DESIGN – Designed to be the perfect travel partner, the Explore V2 25 water-resistant camera backpack meets the strictest global Carry-On regulations and even fits under an airplane seat. It also features a luggage handle pass-through, lockable zippers, a base handle for easy 2-handed carry, a hidden passport pocket, and a quick dual-access document/book sleeve.
- MULTIPLE ACCESS POINTS – The pack offers rear and side access options. The side opening is ideal for quick, under-the-arm access without completely removing the pack, and the anti-theft rear opening allows wide, unobstructed access to the bulk of your gear for less time-sensitive shooting situations.
- ADJUSTABLE TORSO HEIGHT – 3 height options with approximately 7.5 cm (3 in) of vertical adjustment allows the same backpack to fit short or tall — male or female — torso heights, ensuring a custom fit for everyone.
- SMALL MIRRORLESS CORE UNIT MODULAR CAMERA INSERT INCLUDED – Core Units provide shockproof protection for Mirrorless, SLR and DSLR cameras and lenses, and they ensure a user never carries more padding and weight than necessary. A user can increase their layout options with two or more Core Units by stacking and shifting how they are placed in the pack.
- TRIPOD & WATER BOTTLE POCKETS – Quick-deploying pockets on both sides of the pack can be used to fit a water bottle, tripod or other outdoor equipment.
Are you looking for a bag that is burly, well-cushioned, constructed with clever pockets and a comfortable hip belt, and that has multiple women’s-specific shoulder straps at no additional cost? This is an investment in which we believe.
The Shimoda Explore V2 35 Starter Kit is one of the more expensive packs on our list, but the investment will pay off in the long run, as your gear will be durable whether you’re traveling abroad or hiking at a local trailhead.
This water-resistant rucksack is designed specifically for adventure travelers. In addition to the pass-through baggage handle and secret passport pocket, there are TSA-lock-friendly zippers for further security on trains, buses, and at the airport while you sleep.
If you find yourself in a drizzle while viewing the dawn atop a volcano, you can rely on an integrated rain cover to keep you dry. The pack is also small enough to be used as a carry-on and comes with a base handle to make transportation simple.
The gear can be accessible by either a side door or a rear panel. A modular shockproof device protects the cameras and lenses of either mirrorless or DSLR cameras on the inside of the case.
A mic mount is included for more creative assistance, and it is a one-of-a-kind feature. Unlike most other backpacks, this one has a 16-inch laptop sleeve instead of the more common 13-inch pocket. Using another quick-access pocket to store a book or paperwork while traveling is a fantastic idea.
6. CADeN Camera Backpack Bag
- 【Product Overview】CADeN D6 camera backpack dimensions: 11*5.5*14.2 inches/28*14*36 cm, Weight 1.74lb/0.79kg. This professional photography camera backpack fits for men/women photographers, lightweight and easy to carry.
- 【Large Capacity】CADeN D6 camera bag fits 1 camera bodies+4 lens+flash+ipad+tripod place+other accessories. Or for DJI drone storage.
- 【Multi-Functions】①Scratch and water proof material protects your camera from damage; ②Hidden zipper design of the front pocket, best for your daily accessories storage; ③High-elasticity mesh bag on one side for your bottle/umbrella storage, the other side of the camera bag is tripod or trekking pole place; ④Convenient handle multi carrying way; ⑤Lengthened shoulder belts are made of high elasticity, decompression memory foam, very good design for Americans.
- 【Multi-Functions】⑥CADeN alloy zipper won't rusty within 3 years, and won't break within 5 years; ⑦One side for ipad storage with sticker fixed inside the camera bag; ⑧Inner bag paddings are made of 7-layer PE foam and PP board, protect your camera from shocking, very durable; ⑨Shoulder belts and handle that connected with camera rusksack have taken bar-tack reinforcement technology which load-bearing up to 50kg(110.2lb). Best care for your cameras, lens, flashes, tripod and other accessories.
- 【Perfect Services】1 year warranty- Any problems within 1 year, we will offer a new one for you; 30 years factory with more than 1000 employees focused on camera bag manufacture, trustworthy for you.
There isn’t a better option than CADeN’s Camera Backpack ($33) if you’re searching for a basic, affordable bag that will keep your camera equipment secure. As the name implies, this bag is capable of carrying out its functions.
The interior of the Camera Backpack is designed with the typical cushioned compartment sides. It is possible to build them to hold anything from two cameras with seven lenses to a camera and a drone with accessories to about anything else you can think of.
As you might expect from a no-frills pack, there aren’t many organizing pockets to be found. To accommodate your SD cards, batteries, and any other little goods you choose to carry, you’ll need to set aside some room in the primary (and only) compartment of your backpack or suitcase. However, it does have a cushioned internal compartment that can accommodate a tablet or a 12-inch laptop computer.
Two elastic pockets for holding bottles are included on the outside of the CADeN’s Backpack. One of them has a strap attachment above it, which allows you to connect a tripod to it. The other feature is a flat exterior pocket that may be used to store a notepad or other small objects.
7. Tenba Axis Tactical Backpack
1 used from $209.00
- Height-Adjustable Airflow Harness - Tenba’s specially-developed harness can be customized to fit virtually any torso size and allows easy micro adjustments strap height.
- Reflective MOLLE Webbing - Allows limitless expandability with Tenba Tools Lens Capsules Battery Pouches and Memory Card Wallets as well as military-standard pouches and accessories.
- Capacity - 1-2 Mirrorless DSLR or Cine cameras with 6-8 lenses up to 400mm 2.8 plus a laptop up to 17 inches. Also fits DJI Mavic and other compact drones.
- Tripod Compatible - Dual MOLLE-compatible straps and a reinforced cup allow the secure attachment of virtually any size tripod.
The Tenba Axis backpack is designed for professional photographers and filmmakers who need to transport and preserve a pair of camera bodies and long lenses while on trips. It features a water-resistant shell, YKK zippers, and reinforced stitching.
There are three different capacity options: 20L, 24L, and 32L. They are all large enough to accommodate a laptop as well as two camera bodies and lenses. While wearing the pack, you may access your camera through three convenient access ports located at the top, back, and sides. There’s an ‘airflow’ harness that can be adjusted in height for comfort, and webbing on the outside enables the addition of battery pouches and memory card wallets. This option, which includes a rain cover and space for a tripod, checks nearly all the boxes, making it one of the best camera bags available.
8. Thule Covert DSLR Rolltop Daypack
- SafeZone removable camera pod system with dual-density padded bottom
- Custom fit and protection, thanks to origami-inspired divider system that folds around the smallest to largest pieces of gear
- Fits up to prosumer DSLR body with attached ultra-wide-angle lens plus a DJI Mavic Pro (or drones up to 260mm x 200mm x 100mm)
- Customizable storage (2 lenses, flash and drone accessories)
- Durable and water-resistant, two-tone Oxford material
Thule is arguably best known for its elegant rooftop cargo bins, which you might notice on that Subaru speeding by you on the interstate on its way to some exotic place. However, the company also manufactures outstanding backpacks. Furthermore, Covert ($220) stands up to the company’s reputation for excellence and innovation.
The first thing we noticed was the SafeZone detachable camera pod system with the dual-density bottom. This is a separate pocket that can accommodate a prosumer DSLR camera with an ultra-wide-angle lens as well as a DJI Mavic Pro drone, among other things.
You can cleverly remove the pod and only bring your camera and drone with you, saving you the trouble of transporting anything else. There’s a unique design quirk to the camera pod: the internal organizer was inspired by origami and can be folded in a variety of configurations, allowing you to store your cameras any way you like.
9. Tenba Solstice backpacks
1 used from $175.95
- Rear Camera Access - Secures gear up against the user's back and enables access to equipment without fully removing the bag.
- Capacity: 1-2 DSLRs with 4-6 lenses (up to attached 70-200mm 2.8). Also fits DJI Mavic and other compact drones.
- Tablet Sleeve - Fits a full-size iPad or similar sized 10-inch tablet.
- Tripod/Bottle Storage - Side pockets fit a tripod or a large water bottle.
When it comes to the finest affordable camera bags, the Tenba Solstice Backpacks line offers a variety of sizes to accommodate the needs of the well-equipped outdoor photographer. These backpacks can accommodate a DSLR or mirrorless camera with three to four lenses, as well as a DJI Mavic-style drone, and they can even accommodate an iPad Mini-sized tablet.
The 12L, 20L, and 24L variants, which grow in size and capacity in accordance with their product numbers, can be selected according to your requirements. The specifications shown above are for the middle-sized 20L model. The inside is totally configurable, with even the smallest pack being able to carry equipment such as that described above, while the biggest option can accommodate one or two DSLR cameras and a whopping five to seven lenses. It is both practical and robust. In addition to being an all-season camera bag, this pack features cushioned compartments to keep your belongings safe during the shortest day of the year.
10. USA GEAR DSLR Camera Backpack Case
- BEST VALUE CAMERA BACKPACK with features normally found only on more expensive camera packs. Tons of customizable storage space, top compartment to fit your phone, charger and many other accessories
- THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF SPACE FOR YOUR CAMERA GEAR – Ditch the boxy, bulky packs. The S17 offers plenty of room for the serious photographer as well as the enthusiast without an oversized form factor
- COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZABLE INTERIOR – Padded dividers can be added/removed/organized based on your needs. Zippered side door provides quick access to your camera. Internal Dimensions of 11" x 10.5" x 6"
- PADDED LAPTOP COMPARTMENT – We know you love your laptop as much as your camera equipment, so the S17’s laptop compartment features protective padding and fits up to a 15.6" laptop
- METAL ZIPPERS AND SOFT RUBBER PULLERS – Reinforced zippers with non-slip soft rubber pullers, quickly access your gear without fearing zipper breakage
In case digging through your bag for a certain gear is your biggest pet peeve, this pack from USA Gear ($65) is the perfect solution for you. Our jaws dropped when we saw how much storage and organization could be stuffed into a pack of this size.
There are pockets for certain items all around this pack. Two rectangular Velcro pockets are included on the lower rear panel lid, which may be used to store charging wires. The top lid contains a tiny mesh pocket for batteries and charging wires that are smaller in size. In addition, a tiny zipper compartment on the far rear of the bag contains webbed elastic pockets to keep your SD cards in order.
The primary compartment of the USA Gear DSLR may be divided into two pieces. The cushioned bottom compartment has walls that can be customized to your preferences, and there is enough space for your DSLR, lenses, flash, and other equipment in this compartment. Additionally, it provides side access to your camera, allowing you to quickly grab it when an unexpected opportunity for a spectacular image presents itself.
11. HEX Backloader Backpack
- Generous main storage compartment allows you to bring along multiple lenses, and camera accessories while still having room for the day to day essentials. A front zippered pocket allows for easy phone/key storage to quickly access when needed.
- Interior pockets allow for easy organization of gear while a modular design ensures pieces won't hit one another. Padded device storage ensures your gear stays safe and unharmed.
- Padded shoulder straps make for a comfortable load carry throughout the entire day with all of your gear along for the ride. Side pockets allow for easy storage and access for a water bottle or tripod.
- Back entry allows for easy access to the entire main compartment to easily grab whatever you need. A grab handle allows for easy transport when the pack is not being worn.
- At HEX, we are all about creativity and expression. In fact, our motto is "Equip The Creators." We are always looking to make people's lives better by focusing attention on often overlooked details or needs. We make awesome products for everything that you need in your daily creative life.
California-based The Backloader Backpack ($190), which embodies Hex’s tagline, “Equip the Creators,” is a great example of the brand’s philosophy. For starters, it’s simply cool to look at. A particular favorite of ours is the glacial camo color scheme, which manages to be both modest and eye-catching at the same time.
The sleek lines and narrow profile not only make it aesthetically beautiful, but they also help it to stand out as the best travel camera backpack on our list. When traveling, it’s the perfect size for slipping beneath aircraft seats.
It is not a case of form before function here. The main pocket is made of high-quality materials and is fleece-lined and cushioned to accommodate cameras, lenses, drones, and anything else you might need to tell your tale. Furthermore, the detachable partitions may be rearranged to accommodate any equipment you choose to carry.
It has a zipped top pocket that allows you to reach for your camera without having to unzip the main compartment, quick-access tripod straps, and EVA foam protection all throughout.