Looking for the best compact lenses for Sony a7C? Here are our top recommended compact E-mount lenses for Sony a7C mirrorless camera.
The Sony a7C is the world’s smallest and lightest full-frame camera, offering all of the power and performance of a full-frame camera in a body that is more equivalent to an APS-C camera. The Sony a7C is available now. The Sony a7C is equipped with a 24.2MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and a BIONZ X image processing engine, which allows it to achieve high sensitivity and low noise with an impressive ISO range of 50 to 204800 and a massive 15-stop dynamic range.
It is also capable of fast continuous shooting at up to 10 frames per second at full resolution with full-time AF/AE when using either a mechanical shutter or an electronic shutter, and it supports UHD 4K It also contains a Fast Hybrid AF system, which employs 693 phase-detection points and 425 contrast detection regions to provide rapid, intelligent, and precise focusing performance, as well as support for Real-time Eye AF and Tracking Autofocus technology.
In-body image stabilization has been significantly reduced in size while maintaining excellent 5-step stabilization. This allows you to take photographs and film videos without having to worry about camera wobble, regardless of the connected lens, and without the need for a tripod or gimbal. As a result, the Sony a7C is intended for photographers and videographers who want full-frame quality and performance, but who also want a small, lightweight camera that they can carry with them everywhere they go and use for any sort of image or video creation.
Best Compact Lenses for Sony a7c
1. Sony 55mm F1.8
37 used from $474.99
- Diaphragm Blades 9, Rounded. Lens Groups / Elements is 5/7
- Focal Length: 55mm, Filter Diameter: 49mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 19-11/16 inches (.50m)
- Lens Type: Fixed, E-mount Full Frame, Lens not zoomable
- Aperture (Min/Max): 22/1.8; Angle of View (35 mm): 43 °
This Sony Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8 prime lens offers gorgeous rendering as well as great clarity, making it an excellent choice for portraits, low-light photography, and everyday photography jobs. From the perspective of image quality, the Sony Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8 is a remarkably good compact lens. With a maximum aperture of f/1.8, it can operate in low-light circumstances and provide more control over focus while photographing a narrow depth of field images.
It is also smaller and less expensive than the Sony Zeiss 50mm f/1.4, and it has a faster maximum aperture. Due to the use of three aspherical elements and Zeiss’ famous T* anti-reflective coating, this lens produces images with the smallest amount of aberrations and flare possible. A linear autofocus motor and internal focus design are also included, allowing for rapid, responsive autofocus and a minimum focus distance of 1.6′ when using the camera. In addition, the lens is dust and moisture resistant, and it features a nine-blade circular diaphragm that produces smooth, rounded bokeh in low-light situations.
2. Sony G-Master Lens 24 mm F1.4
19 used from $975.99
- Compact Master wide prime Lens w/stunning wide-open resolution
- F1.4 max aperture provides extraordinary exposure and Depth of field
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh
- Two XA elements for natural, lifelike high resolution results
- In the box: Hood (ALC-SH154), Lens front cap (ALC-F67S), Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM), Case
The Sony G-Master Lens 24 mm F1.4 is one of the most professional and best prime lenses available for the Sony a7c camera system. If you’re seeking a high-quality compact lens that can capture razor-sharp photographs while shooting from a wide-angle perspective, go no further than this model.
3. Sony FE 85mm F1.8
27 used from $435.00
- Wide F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 9-Blade circular aperture creates beautiful round defocused bokeh
- ED glass element for corner-to-corner sharpness
- Double Linear motor system for fast, quiet and precise focusing. The maximum magnification ratio is 0.13 and the angle of view is 29 degree
- Direct control w/ customizable focus hold button and AF/MF switch.35 mm equivalent focal length (APS-C):127.5
The Sony FE 85mm F1.8 is one of the greatest inexpensive portrait lenses available for the Sony a7 C, and it is one of the most versatile. Portraits with a wonderfully blurred backdrop and an outstanding quality compact lens for Sony a7c that won’t break the bank are made easy with this camera.
4. Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6
15 used from $102.80
- POWER ZOOM for smooth zooming with superb operability and quietness
- ED glass and Aspherical lens elements for excellent performance with reduced aberrations
- Built-in image stabilization
- This lens is designed for Sony ? camera system E-mount cameras. You cannot use it on A-mount cameras
Take a closer look at the Sony 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS E-Mount Lens if you want a lens that can be utilized for a variety of purposes outside in a variety of settings.
As a result of its wide-angle focal lengths of up to 50mm, it is a very adaptable choice among the finest lenses for the Sony A7C camera.
In contrast to the prime lenses that appear on our list of the best compact lenses for Sony A7C, this is a more affordable option. It’s something that a lot of street photographers enjoy because it costs so little money.
5. Sony FE 50mm F1.8
16 used from $185.00
- Large F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects, 7-blade circular aperture creates beautiful defocused bokeh
- Compact, lightweight design ideal for full-frame E-mount cameras, Aspherical element controls spherical aberration and coma
- Double-gauss configuration suppresses field curvature & distortion, Metal mount adds solid durability as well as a sophisticated feel, Fast DC motor focus actuator system drives all lens groups
- 75mm (35mm equivalent) focal length with APS-C sensor. Angle of View (APS-C) : 32 degree
- In-the-box: Hood (ALC-SH146), Lens front cap (ALC-F49S), Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM)
When looking at some of the top lenses for the Sony A7C, one thing that you’ll notice is the wide variety of prices that Sony a7c compact lenses are available at.
Following that, certain lenses are available that do not have a large aperture opening. The Sony FE 50mm F1.8 prime lens is, in our opinion, the most cost-effective and practical lens you can own on a budget.
This lens is a good investment with a varied focal length that is useful 95 percent of the time. You also get a large aperture for creating beautiful bokeh and the ability to photograph in low light circumstances.
6. Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS
26 used from $907.27
- G-lens design with 4 aspherical and 3 ED glass (extra-low Dispersion) elements, for high corner-to-corner resolving power throughout the entire zoom range
- Constant F4 maximum aperture maintains exposure and depth of field throughout the Zoom range
- 9-Blade circular aperture contributes to beautifully de-focused backgrounds. Format - 35 mm full-frame. Lens Groups / Elements - 14–17
- Minimum focusing distance of just 1. 25 feet provides close-up ability for an expansive range of expression
- Sports Sony's unique DDSM (direct drive Super-sonic motor system) internal focusing system and a responsive manual focusing ring, for fast, quiet, and precise focusing
You should consider acquiring a zoom lens if you want to have more creative flexibility when it comes to zooming in and out on your subject than you can get with a regular all-around lens. Because of its small size, the Sony FE 24-105mm F4 is an excellent zoom lens for the Sony a7 series cameras.
7. Sony 28mm F/2.0
32 used from $239.00
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, Outstanding optical performance in a wide 28mm focal length, Bright F2 maximum aperture
- Angle of view (35 mm)75 °,Angle of view (APS-C) 54 °.Minimum Focus Distance : 0.96 ft(AF) / 0.82 ft(MF) (0.29 m(AF) / 0.25 m(MF)), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.13x(AF) / 0.16x(MF), Focal Length : 28 mm
- Dust and moisture resistant design, 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh, ED glass with multi‐coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Compact and lightweight design matches a7 series beautifully, A linear actuator focusing mechanism for smooth and quiet AF, Compatible w/ ultra-wide and fisheye converter lenses
- Mounting Type: Sony E
The Sony 28mm F/2.0 vlog lens is a fantastic vlog lens with rapid autofocus and a compact design, making it an excellent value for money.
Sony 28mm F/2.0 is one of the best a7c Sony compact lenses for any newbie videographers and YouTubers since it is priced far lower than the average price of any other Sony FE mount lens.
8. Zeiss Batis 25mm F2
- KIT INCLUDES: Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2.0 Lens for Sony E-Mount | Lens Caps | Lens hood | Bundle with Hoya 67mm NXT Circular Polarizer Filter | Hoya NXT Plus 67mm 10-Layer HMC UV Filter | Filter Case | ProOPTIC Complete Optics Care and Cleaning Kit | Universal Lens Cap Tether
- Fast, quiet auto focus drive: Linear motors, Manual focus override
- Unique, OLED display on the lens barrel: Electronic display of focus distance and DOF, Easily readable in low light conditions
- Electronic aperture with 9-blades: Natural looking out of focus highlights
- Modern styling: Rubberized focus ring, Similar to the Zeiss Otus lenses | WARRANTY: Zeiss Authorized Reseller. Includes a Zeiss 2 Year USA Warranty | Hoya 1 Year Limited Warranty
The Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 is one of the more affordable Sony Zeiss lenses, and it is particularly good for capturing the night sky.
The dim light of the night sky is well-suited to the wide-angle lens of 25mm focal length. With the maximum aperture of F2, a significant amount of light is collected in the camera sensor, providing for a spectacular low-light photograph. This lens is also suitable for photographing inside with a flash. Its large aperture will allow it to shoot at lower ISO settings and at quicker shutter speeds, resulting in clearer photos with less noise.
9. Rokinon AF 24mm f/2.8
3 used from $216.76
- Compatible with all Sony E-Mount Mirrorless cameras, including full frame
- Glass is ultra multi-coated (UMC) and Lens is constructed of 7 elements in 7 groups
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.5 inches and has a filter size of 49mm
The Rokinon AF 24mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Auto Focus Lens is the first third-party lens on our list, and it’s the first of many that we’ll be featuring.
In addition to being excellent for photographing landscapes and cities, this wide-angle lens is also excellent for taking group photographs.
Rokinon made use of an ultra-multi-coated lens, which can produce photographs of outstanding quality for its customers. One of the other things that you will notice is that it is lightweight and that it is fitted with a fast and precise autofocus system (AF).