Known as the Sony a7C, it is the company’s newest full-frame vlogging mirrorless camera, which will be introduced in 2020. The Sony a7C has hybrid capabilities to meet the demands of both photographers and videographers and a compact design that is comfortable to carry about all day.
However, with the advent of gimbals, it is now possible to capture nearly identical videos to the original. Make your photographs more alive by incorporating camera motions into your compositions. However, if you don’t know how to accomplish it, all of your hard work may be for naught because the film may turn out to be worthless in the end.
No of where you are in your video capturing career, you must understand the necessity of creating high-quality material that attracts a large number of viewers.
Gimbals are the tools that you rely on in order to create outstanding content. If you know what you’re doing, they may generate some of the most attractive images.
A gimbal is ideal for moving photos, especially when you want to increase the steadiness while moving, such as when walking. They are the most effective instruments for improving the overall quality and professionalism of your film.
It is advised that you get a gimbal stabilizer for Sony a7C if you want to shoot better films and movies with your camera. The following are the top recommended gimbal stabilizers for Sony a7C that we have tried and reviewed:
Best Gimbal for Sony a7c
DJI RSC 2
3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for Sony a7c Mirrorless Camera, 6.6 lb Payload, Foldable Design, Vertical Shooting, OLED Screen, Black
DJI RS 2 Combo
3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for Mirrorless Cameras, 10lbs Tested Payload, 1.4” Full-Color Touchscreen, Carbon Fiber Construction, Black
Camera Stabilizer, 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal forSony a7c Camera, Up to 4.4lbs Payload, Lightweight Design, Cinematic Filming, Black
Zhiyun Crane 2S
3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for Sony a7c Camera
Manfrotto MVG220, Portable
3-Axis Professional Gimbal Stabiliser for Sony a7c Mirrorless and Reflex Cameras, Flexible, Holds up to 4.85 lbs, Perfect for Photographers, Vloggers and Bloggers
MOZA AirCross 2 Professional Kit
Handheld Stabilizer with iFocusM Motor Lightweight Gimbal Up to 7Lb Auto-Tuning Intuitive Control Panel 12H Runing Time【One Year Warranty】
Zhiyun Weebill S [Official]
3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for Cameras
EVO Rage Gen2
Camera Stabilizer for Mirrorless Cameras, Works with Sony, Panasonic and Most Cameras 0.75 to 5.5lbs, 1 Year US Warranty and Tech Support
1. DJI RSC 2
8 used from $405.87
- Foldable Design - DJI RSC 2’s foldable design means easy transportation and storage, along with expanded shooting options. When folded, RSC 2 is smaller than a sheet of A5 paper, making it as portable as it is powerful.
- 2.6 lb Weight / 6.6 lb Tested Payload - Titan Stabilization Algorithm captures smoother footage than ever. SuperSmooth mode compensates for micromovements and increases torque, stabilizing even 100mm zoom lenses.
- 1" OLED Screen - A 1-inch built-in OLED screen gives you complete control, right at your fingertips.
- Quick Switch to Vertical Shooting - The Manfrotto plus Arca dual-layer camera mounting plate is compatible with popular brands. Switch to portrait mode with just a tap to bring professional-grade footage to your social media content.
- Max 14hr Fast-Charge Batteries - Charge less and shoot longer thanks to RSC 2’s advanced battery, which provides a 14-hour runtime and supports fast charging.
If you are seeking a gimbal that is both light and inexpensive, the DJI RSC 2 is the ideal option for the Sony a7C. With a design for mirrorless and DSLR cameras in mind, the DJI RSC 2 is capable of supporting camera and accessory weights up to 6.6 lbs.
The motors in the RSC 2 are 50 percent more powerful than those in the Ronin-SC, which is the gimbal that inspired this revised version of the original. Its folding form, which allows it to be used in underslung mode, is a distinguishing characteristic of the RSC 2. Recommended by GimbalForCamera.
2. DJI RS 2
11 used from $734.27
- 10lb Tested Payload – At a weight of 2.3 lbs and 10lb tested payload, DJI RS 2 offers the highest weight-to-payload ratio in the industry.
- Carbon Fiber Construction – Monocoque carbon fiber axis arms add incredible strength and unbelievable lightness to the gimbal.
- 1.4” Full-Color Touchscreen – An integrated LCD screen allows you to adjust parameters and use features of the Ronin app quickly. Access ActiveTrack 3.0 right from the touchscreen, freeing your creative control.
- Professional Mounting Options – While DJI RS 2 is also designed to be a professional filmmaking solution. Integrate RS 2 with a car, jib, or slider, and control from a distance.
- Efficient Balancing Between Payloads – A dual-layer camera mounting plate is compatible with Manfrotto and Arca-Swiss standards. A fine-tine balancing knob lets you achieve the perfect balance for your setup.
If you are searching for a gimbal that is more professional in nature, the new DJI RS 2 is the ideal option. It is DJI’s updated follow-up to the Ronin-S gimbal, and it has a payload capacity of up to 10 lb. It is available now.
Sony a7C workflows may be elevated to a professional level with the help of RS 2. It’s around 25 percent lighter and more compact than the previous model, due to monocoque carbon fiber axis arms and a shorter grip handle with a smaller battery cartridge, yet still has a 12-hour operating duration.
RS 2 also has a 1.4′′ full-color LCD touchscreen that provides access to gimbal settings as well as capabilities like time-lapse and hyper-lapse, which were previously only accessible through the associated mobile app.
3. DJI Ronin-SC
4 used from $235.77
- Lightweight and Compact - Opening possibilities for filmmakers and content creators in almost any situation, Ronin-SC was built to go anywhere.
- Tracks the Action - The Ronin app, and Ronin-SC work together seamlessly to achieve smooth, precise gimbal movement at all times, allowing you to focus more on creating the shot that matches your vision.
- Dynamic Stability - Even in action-packed scenes, Ronin-SC gives a perfectly stable shot. Continuous stabilization makes Ronin-SC more effective in fast follows, sudden motions, and even complete changes in direction.
- Automated Features - Ronin-SC offers a suite of advanced capturing features to unleash your imagination.
- Easy to Handle - The buttons and trigger are easy to reach for every essential control. A flared battery grip makes extended holding easier and slip-resistant, letting you capture moments throughout the day.
The original DJI Ronin-SC is still a fantastic gimbal stabilizer for the Sony a7C, and it is still available for purchase. It offers several enhancements over its predecessor, the Ronin-S, including a smaller and lighter three-axis single-handle gimbal that is suited for tiny mirrorless cameras weighing less than 4.4 lb and a smaller and lighter stabilized gimbal.
Despite the fact that the Ronin-SC is smaller, it contains a plethora of features, design refinements, and technological advancements despite its tiny size. In addition to stabilization, pan, tilt, and roll control, as well as 360° continuous panning, the gimbal allows you to capture smooth 3D and 360° motion pictures.
4. Zhiyun Crane 2S
- Upgraded Algorithm. Dynamic Stabilization: Highly optimized in motor control algorithms and motor power, CRANE 2S handles large cameras such as the BMPCC 6K, Panasonic S1H, EOS 1DX Mark III in total ease. More than that, you can also mount multiple accessories on it.
- Stay Focused All the Way: Together with TransMount Image Transmission System, fous pullers will be able to focus and zoom while live monitoring the shots. Even more, they will also be able to change gimbal parameters and modes if needed.
- Bigger Screen to Boost Your Productivity: The new 0.96" OLED screen offers a bigger vision. With it, you will be able to go through the entire menu within seconds and switch between different modes swiftly.
- Axis Locking Mechanism 2.0: The upgraded axis locking mechanism 2.0 adopts a two-phase locking design that guarantees zero swinging of the gimbal during traveling or storage.
- Say Hi to Buttery Smooth Movement: Six gimbal modes, from basic to advanced, are all easily accessible on CRANE 2S: Pan Following, Locking, Following, Full-Range POV, Vortex, Go mode.
The Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 2S has undergone significant improvements in order to better meet the demands of filmmakers. The CRANE 2S is capable of stabilizing big cameras like the Blackmagic Pocket 6K, Panasonic S1H, and Canon EOS 1DX Mark II, as well as its accompanying accessories, thanks to the inclusion of a new-generation 9th Instune Algorithm that increases the responsiveness of every axis. (Please see the Zhiyun website for a complete list of cameras and lenses that are compatible with this product.)
The CRANE 2S has specialized mounting points for adding an optional Zhiyun-Tech TransMount transmitter, which makes it easier to collaborate throughout the design process. In addition, a vertical fast-release mount has been added to help meet the increased demand for social media material. This feature allows you to position your camera vertically. Aside from that, a new FlexMount system is employed for attaching your camera in a conventional manner.
With its carbon fiber grip handle, the gimbal feels lighter in your hand than other gimbals on the market today. As a result, you can make finer adjustments with more accuracy since the built-in handwheel on the side of the handle has been updated to provide extremely low latency when driving an add-on lens motor (available separately). It is possible to configure the handwheel to control either the focus or the zoom motors while utilizing both at the same time.) A 1/4″-20 connection is located on the bottom of the handle, which allows you to attach the accompanying micro tripod, which may be used as a stand or as an extension that can be held with the other hand for more control when shooting.
5. Manfrotto Gimbal 220
- EASY SHOOTING CONTROL: on the LCD touch screen or from the App
- INDEPENDENT LOCKING: 3-axis Gimbal. Each axis is equipped with a lock
- QUICK INSTALLATION WITHOUT LEVELLING: compatible with the Manfrotto and ARCA Swiss Type standards
- DIFFERENT MODES: TikTok Portrait, Selfie mode, Inception mode, Time-lapse
- DETACHABLE HANDLE: Switch between single handle & underslung position for different shooting options
In the Gimbal 220 Kit from Manfrotto, you’ll find the Gimbal 220 3-axis motorized gimbal stabilizer, which is one of two gimbals that make up Manfrotto’s foray into the realm of gimbal stabilizers. In addition to a touchscreen display, the Gimbal 220 can support a weight of 4.85 lbs, making it an excellent choice for tiny mirrorless cameras.
Most of the time, the touchscreen lets you easily activate other settings, such as inception, time-lapse, or selfie mode, with just a single tap of a symbol on the screen. In addition, the touchscreen allows you to configure practically all of the gimbal’s characteristics, rather than having to rely on the accompanying software for this purpose.
On iOS and Android smartphones, the companion Manfrotto app may be used to adjust all additional settings as well as to operate the camera remotely.
6. MOZA Aircross 2
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT POWERFUL & iFocusM Motor】 :The magnesium-alloy integrated technology allows MOZA AirCross 2 to provide robust performance at just 950g (2 lbs) and can achieve seamless cinematic shots with one hand. Featuring a superior motor with a 3.2kg (7 lbs) payload capacity, the MOZA AirCross 2 is capable of supporting most mirrorless and DSLR cameras on the market, Package come with iFocusM Motor. We provide 1 year warranty for MOZA AirCross 2 Gimbal Professional Kit
- 【 MOZA SPARK POWER SUPPLY SYETEM 2.0 】:The 3000mAh high-capacity battery provides the MOZA AirCross 2 with up to 12 hours of battery life and it can be fully charged in only 1.5 hours with an 18W fast charger. The battery features its own USB charging interface and can be charged by the external power supply. Simple and convenient, it can be utilized anytime, anywhere. Three Multi-CAN outputs with a 7.8V power supply can supply power to cameras and other accessories
- 【INCEPTION MODE 3.0】 The improved Inception Mode 3.0 now features automatic rotation, speed adjustment, and angle control. It is no longer necessary to manually control the joystick during shooting
- 【MIMIC MOTION CONTROL】:By using a smartphone, you can control the movement of MOZA AirCross 2 through the device with the internal somatosensory switch, so each axis can be independently controlled to mimic the movement from your phone. You can also adjust the sensitivity of the gimbal movement, allowing more control and precision for each shot
- 【INTUITIVE CONTROL PANEL】 :With the smart wheel, you can easily control two follow focus system as well as enable to, via camera cable, to control the camera’s follow focus (E-Focus). In Addition, you can quickly switch and control each individual axis (pan, tilt, roll) for precision movement by simply moving the smart wheel. The OLED screen provides an intuitive, bright, display of the gimbal status and camera parameters. Complete control over every detail has never been easier
The Moza AirCross 2, which comes in a sleek and ergonomic design, accommodates cameras weighing up to 7 lb, including wide-body models such as the Blackmagic Pocket 4K and cameras with a built-in grip, among others.
An iOS or Android smartphone software is included that has a variety of creative capabilities, including an artificial intelligence calculation function that automatically adjusts the gimbal by picking the most appropriate parameters depending on how much camera load is being used.
The AirCross 2 is designed to hold the camera positioned closer to the tilt motor, allowing for greater stability with most cameras. The camera orientation may be altered between portrait and landscape modes when using the specifically supplied bracket. The AirCross 2 is available in black or silver. In addition, the gimbal features an inclined motor arm, which allows for a good view of the camera LCD while it is in operation.
7. Zhiyun Weebill S
2 used from $322.19
- WEEBILL-S comatible with mainstream mirrorless and DSLR camera & lens combos. Like SONY a9/a9II/a7R4/a7R3/a7M3/a7S3/a7R2/a7M2/a7S2/a7C/a6600//a6500/a6400/a6300/a6100/a6000.Panasonic GH5/GH5S/S1/S5//S1H/DC-BGH1. Canon 5D3/5D4/5DS/5DS R/6D/6D2/80D/90D/M50/EOS R5,M6 Mark 2,R6,R,,RP Nikon D850/Z5/Z6/Z6 II/Z7/Z50. Fujifilm X-T3/X-T4/ X-T30.Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II,ZCAM E2,BMPCC 4K/6k
- Compact size as A4 paper; Ergonomically designed Sling mode to save effort and provide comfortable underslung shooting experience
- 8th Instune algorithm provides high responsiveness and eliminates jittery in fast movement in any environment
- 14 hours battery life; Brand new TransMount Image Transmission Module (accessory) to offer 1080P 30fps highly synchronised transmission (100-meter distance) and up to 3 screen receivers
- Dual focus control system; Quick release system; OLED display
The Zhiyun-Tech WEEBILL-S combines the underslung mode design of its predecessor, the WEEBILL LAB, as well as other new features. It also has a more compact form factor and other improvements over its predecessor.
The sling mode design includes a grip on the back that makes it simple to transfer from over slung to underslung mode, as well as providing improved handling in all other modes. Upgraded motors and a new stabilization algorithm are among the other enhancements.
The WEEBILL-S has a motor that has 300 percent more torque and 50 percent greater responsiveness than the previous model. As a result, you can better balance camera/lens combinations, such as the Canon EOS R6 with RF lenses.
8. Evo Rage Gen2
- The EVO Rage Gen2 camera stabilizer supports both mirrorless and small body DSLR cameras up to 5.5lbs. The EVO Rage Gen2 is one of the lightest stabilizers in it's class weighing in at just 2lbs. Mount almost any mirrorless or small body DSLR camera to the Rage Gen2 using the included 1/4-20 standard tripod mounting screw. The EVO Rage Gen2 supports a camera payload range of 0.75lbs up to 5.5lbs (350g to 2500g) along side 3 seperate motor power settings for best performance (weak/middle/high)
- Integrated CCI Technology for SONY & Panasonic: Control Camera Shutter, Video Start / Stop and Zoom (some servo driven lenses) right from the Rage Gen2 handle controls (requires direct CCI connection via Sony multiport or Panasonic 1/8" shutter jack)
- Plug & Play: Ready to use right out of the box, simply install the batteries, mount and balance your camera. set it on a flat non-moving surface and press the power button. The gimbal will power on and stabilize your camera after it's 3 second initialization sequence. The Rage Gen2 has 3 different stabilization modes allowing you to capture different types of shots: Pan Follow, LOCK Mode, Full Follow & POV mode.
- The EVO Rage Gen2 supports motion timelapse up to 10 sweep points through the remote iOS or Android smartphone APP control (via EVO APP or ZY Play partner APP)
- Unprecedented Warranty: EVO Gimbals is one of the only US based gimbal companies offering a real 1 Year US Parts and Labor Warranty as well as in house trained tech and repair support. The EVO Rage Gen2 comes complete with a two-place Li-Ion charger, USB charging cable, tripod stand, x1 Sony Multiport CCI cable, x1 Panasonic CCI cable and (2) 26500 3600mAH Li-Ion Batteries good for up to 12 hours of runtime..
Every year, Evo raises the bar on the gimbal game by developing some of the greatest camera gimbals available anywhere in the world.
With the EVO Rage, you will have the most up-to-date and technologically sophisticated film stabilizing technology in the palm of your hands. This system is equipped with the highest torque brushless motors available on the market, which have been carefully made and are linked with automotive-grade position encoders.
As a result of this, in conjunction with the new 32-Bit CoreMark chipset, the end-user will get an unrivaled camera stabilization experience, as well as the industry’s first 4 KHz effective refresh rate, which means it will be extremely quick.