Looking for the best landscape lenses for Sony a7C? Here is the guide for you to get the top-recommended E-mount landscape lenses for the Sony a7C mirrorless camera.
The Sony a7C combines the quality and advantages of a full-frame sensor with an unusually compact and slim body design, making it the world’s smallest and lightest full-frame camera. The Sony a7C features a 24.2MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor with hybrid capabilities to suit both photo and video recording needs, as well as a form factor for every day, all-day carry.
Features include an impressive ISO range of ISO 50 to 204800, 15-stop dynamic range, up to 10 fps continuous shooting with full-time AF/AE, UHD 4K video recording at up to 30 fps with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas, In addition, the Sony a7C’s 693-point focal-plane phase-detection AF system covers approximately 93 percent of the image area, with an additional 425 contrast-detection points to ensure reliable focus even in busy environments, providing wide, fast, and reliable AF that locks onto the intended subject instantly without losing focus.
Read More: Best Sony A7C Lenses
Simply said, the Sony a7C combines high resolution with low noise for exceptional image quality at all sensitivity levels, giving users stunning image quality for everyday photography and movies like nature, portraiture, sports, street photography, and more.
It’s not always easy to pick the correct lens. We looked at all of Sony’s and other companies’ lenses and chose the best lenses for the Sony a7C mirrorless camera based on price, utility, and image quality, including leading prime and zoom options for portraits, weddings, landscapes, travel, event, street, macro, videos, sports and wildlife, and more.
Best Landscape Lenses for Sony a7C in 2022
1. Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM Lens
This is the Sony a7C lens I would choose if I could only have one for landscape photography. The FE 16-35 is the Sony ultra-wide-angle zoom lens you’ve been looking for, and it’s a terrific choice for a wide range of applications. The image quality it generates is outstanding. The lens is well-made and comes with weatherproofing. The f/2.8 aperture will also come in handy while photographing the night sky.
13 used from $1,719.56
- Designed to achieve 50 Line pairs/mm resolving power
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements w/ high surface precision. Minimum focus distance - 0.28 m (0.92 ft). Maximum Magnification ratio (x)- 0.19
- Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and Depth of field. Hood Type : Petal shape, bayonet type; APERTURE BLADES: 11
- Uncompromising G Master design for smooth bokeh and high resolution. Angle of View (35 mm): 107°–63°
- In-the-box: hood, lens front cap, lens rear cap, case, Mount: Sony E-mount
A fantastic fast and versatile wide-angle zoom lens! This Sony FE 16-35mm f2.8 GM lens delivers consistently great resolution from corner to corner, with stunning background bokeh that may give depth and artistic impact to your photographs when required, regardless of a zoom setting or focus distance. With a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture across the zoom range, this lens provides consistent performance and benefits operating in low-light situations.
Two extra-low dispersion elements, two XA elements, and three aspherical elements are used in the optical design to eliminate chromatic aberrations and provide a high degree of image sharpness and clarity. In addition, when working in bright lighting, a Nano AR coating has been applied to reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity.
This lens features an 11-blade circular diaphragm to generate smooth, soft-edged bokeh with a selective focus picture, which complements the optical attributes. Two Direct Drive SSM AF groups are used to manage focus, and they are quick and quiet, as well as provide more responsive control for manual focus operation. All of these characteristics make it an excellent Sony a7C lens for landscapes, architecture, close-up portraits, sports, action, and a variety of other subjects.
2. Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens
The Tamron 17-28 Di III lens offers professional-grade image quality in a compact, lightweight design at a very affordable price. Apart from switches, this lens has very few flaws. The focal length range isn’t the widest or the longest in the class, but it pairs well with the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens, another excellent budget lens.
14 used from $729.99
- World's most lightweight large aperture wide-angle zoom in its class (smaller than original F4 lens)
- Superb image quality high mtf performance (utilizing the camera body compensation)
- The RXD stepping motor unit is exceptionally quiet
- Moisture-resistant construction - fluorine coating
- Versatile, exciting combination when paired with the 28-75mm F/2. 8 Di III RXD (Model A036)
The Tamron 17-28mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A046) is the smallest and lightest zoom lens in its class, offering exceptional portability and image quality. This Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD lens covers ultra-wide to wide focal lengths, making it an ideal Sony a7C lens for landscape, astrophotography, and architectural photography. When used with a full-frame mirrorless camera, its exceptional lightweight and small dimensions create outstanding balance, making it comfortable to carry and allowing it to cater to a wide range of settings and shooting conditions.
Throughout the zoom range, the Model A046 has a fast F/2.8 aperture and produces high-resolution and contrast from edge to edge. The ultra-wide-angle focal length, fast constant F/2.8 aperture, and 7.5-inch Minimum Object Distance at the wide-angle end inspire richly expressive and creative photography in a variety of situations.
The RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) stepping motor unit powers the Tamron 17-28mm F/2.8’s AF drive system, allowing it to produce high-speed, high-precision, and extremely quiet operation appropriate for both video and still photography.
As a result, this Tamron 17-28mm F/2.8 Di III RXD Lens for Sony E mount is an excellent lens for landscapes, architecture, close-up portraits, and architectural photography at an inexpensive price.
3. Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM Lens
Despite the extraordinarily broad angles of view it offers, despite its high cost, this lens produces exceptional image quality. This Sony a7C lens has an f/2.8 aperture, which makes it ideal for photographing the night sky and low-light events. Take this lens to the most beautiful places on the planet, and you will undoubtedly achieve outstanding results. Please note that front filters are not accepted.
- FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM Lens - Lens Front Cap - ALC-R1EM Lens Rear Cap - Soft Carrying Case - Filter Template - Sony 1 Year Limited Warranty - 64GB SD Memory Card - Flex Lens Shade - Lens warp (19x19) - LensPen Lens Cleaner - Corel PC Software Suite - Lens Cap Tether - ProOptic Cleaning Kit
- World's widest1 full-frame constant F2.8 at 12-24mm
- F2.8 max aperture provides extraordinary exposure and depth of field
- Spectacular resolution: 3x Extreme Aspheric elements, 1x Aspheric
- 3x ED (Extra-low dispersion) elements suppress chromatic aberrations
The Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM ultra-wide-angle zoom builds on the popularity of the FE 12-24mm f/4 G lens, with a wider constant aperture, a more complicated optical design, and lightning-fast autofocus. The Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM lens has the world’s widest zoom range at F2.8, making it ideal for Sony a7C landscapes lens, cityscapes, architecture, and astrophotographers looking for uncompromising image quality and performance, as well as capturing movies with a practical zoom range.
The FE 12-24mm F2.8 GM features a revolutionary design that ensures excellent image quality from corner to corner across the entire zoom range. Furthermore, its quick f/2.8 aperture allows you to capture detailed low-light photographs indoors or outdoors without boosting ISO or reducing shutter speed. Several XA, aspherical, Super ED, and ED elements combine in their superior optical design to decrease a range of aberrations and distortions for a high degree of sharpness, accurate rendering, and noteworthy color accuracy.
In addition, a new Nano AR Coating II has been added, which reduces flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in bright or backlit environments. Furthermore, its quick f/2.8 aperture allows you to capture detailed low-light photographs indoors or outdoors without boosting ISO or reducing shutter speed. It’s ideal for photographing breathtaking night landscapes and starry skies.
The lens’ tiny and lightweight design (weighs only 1.87 lb) is thanks to a mechanical design utilizing high-performance XD Linear Motors, making it an ideal choice for active photographers who require extra mobility during sessions. Simply put, with a wide range of ultra-wide fields of view and a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, the Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM lens is ideal for Sony a7C landscapes lens, astrophotography, and architecture, as well as providing extra mobility for active sports photographers who want to capture ultra-wide perspectives.
4. Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG DN Art Lens
While the focal length range of this lens is not as wide as that of the Sony equivalent, neither is the price. The image quality of the Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG DN Art Sony a7C landscape Lens is great, the build and cosmetic features are excellent, and the autofocus is fast and quiet. It’s worth noting that this doesn’t work with front filters.
1 used from $1,169.95
The Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG DN Art landscape lens for Sony E-mount is distinguished by its fast f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, which enables a diverse range of wide-angle focal lengths with exceptional image quality while minimizing size and weight. The constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is ideal for working in low-light situations and allows for more control over the depth of field.
A set of low dispersion and aspherical components are utilized in a complex optical design to minimize both chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range, resulting in outstanding sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. Lens flare and ghosting are reduced to a greater extent with a Super Multi-Layer Coating coupled with a NanoPorous Coating compared with ordinary anti-reflective coatings.
This makes it easier to create high-contrast, color-accurate pictures in a variety of lighting circumstances. It also has a stepping motor, which allows for smooth, high-speed autofocusing that is noticeably silent when using functions like Face/Eye Detection AF or when taking video. A built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button may be programmed with extra functions to expand the lens’s capabilities, while a rounded 11-blade diaphragm improves image quality by assisting in the creation of smooth bokeh.
Furthermore, the lens has a dust- and splash-proof design, as well as a water- and oil-repellent coating on the frontmost surface, allowing for photography in a variety of conditions.
Check Out: Best Travel Lenses for Sony a7C
5. Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art
It is the first ultra-wide-angle landscape Sony a7C lens to feature a 1.8 aperture, and it incorporates the same groundbreaking aspherical element as Sigma’s critically acclaimed 12-24mm F4 Art lens. The Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art lens is one of the best ultra-wide angle lenses ever made, and it debuts the world’s first 1.8 wide-angle lenses. Even though several zoom lenses may span a focal length of 14mm, the big diameter giving f/1.8 brightness is a distinct benefit. This lens is capable of capturing a swarm of fireflies with crystal clarity, a gorgeous bokeh effect, and exceptional control over light streaking, in addition to shooting at a high shutter speed.
10 used from $995.00
- Large diameter delivering f/1.8 brightness
- Beautiful bokeh effect, and outstanding control of light streaking
- Ultra-wide angle of view
- Super multi-layer coating helps reduce flare and ghosting
- Large HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) delivers ample torque to the focusing group for outstanding speed, ensuring exceptionally stable performance even at lower speeds
The 14mm F1.8 Art boasts exceptional picture quality from center to edge, thanks to the use of the biggest glass mold (80mm) in the market, which provides photographers with an ultra-wide prime lens that practically eliminates distortion, flare, and ghosting. Three lens elements are made of FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass, which is equivalent in performance to calcium fluorite, and four lens elements are made of SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass, which reduces chromatic aberration.
Three FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements are used to reduce chromatic aberration. As a complement to the optical performance, a Hyper Sonic Motor, which delivers quick, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance, complements the optical performance. A unique combination of a wide field of view and quick, flexible performance, this lens is well-suited for astrophotography and low-light outdoor shooting, and it is priced accordingly.
6. Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G Lens
The lens’ focal lengths are highly varied, and photographing from these perspectives is a lot of fun. The 12mm end, in particular, offers the opportunity to stand out from the throng. Although the FE 12-24 is a good lens, it does not accept front filters.
7 used from $1,406.45
- G Lens design for corner-to-corner high resolution
- Maximum magnification ratio (x) :0.14.Premium Optics; 4 aspherical, 1 Super ED, 3 ED glass elements
- Constant F4 max aperture maintains exposure and Depth of field
- 7-blade circular aperture contributes to beautiful bokeh
- Direct Drive Supersonic Wave motor for fast, quiet, precise focus
The Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G Sony a7C lens is ultra-wide and versatile, making it a fantastic choice for landscape and architecture photography thanks to its compact, lightweight design. It’s ultra-wide 12-24mm lens range includes cutting-edge advancements for breathtaking corner-to-corner G Lens resolution at all apertures, as well as silent, fast, and precise autofocus that makes it excellent for both movies and stills.
Throughout the zoom range, the maximum aperture remains constant at f/4. Despite its remarkable performance, this lens is remarkably light, compact, and portable, providing quality and capabilities that will fulfill professionals’ and hobbyists’ desires for larger fields of view for capturing landscapes, architecture, and other subjects. A clever optical design benefits the wide field of view by controlling both spherical and chromatic aberrations for greater sharpness and clarity.
When working in bright, backlit environments, a Nano AR Coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. A Direct Drive SSM autofocus technology, which helps both stills and video applications with its rapid, quiet, and precise performance, complements the optical characteristics of this lens.
As a result, the Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G lens is a terrific choice for landscapes and architecture, plus it’s a small light, and portable, so you can take it wherever the best images are without slowing you down.
7. Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G
6 used from $673.50
- Compact ultra-wide prime G lens w/ stunning wide-open resolution
- F1.8 max aperture provides extraordinary exposure and depth of field
- Compact, lightweight design, ideal for both full-frame and APS-C2 cameras
- Advanced Aspheric elements for natural, lifelike high resolution
- Two XD Extreme Dynamic Linear motors for fast, precise autofocus
This ultra-wide prime lens from Sony delivers outstanding corner-to-corner sharpness and a fast maximum aperture of F1.8. It is small and lightweight, making it a great choice for full-frame users who want to capture stunning landscapes and street scenes as well as starry nights and environmental portraits. It can also record high-quality video at 30 frames per second. Several aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements are used in the optical design to significantly minimize a range of aberrations and distortion.
In addition, a Nano AR Coating has been added to further decrease surface reflections and flare, resulting in better contrast while working in bright or backlit lighting situations. In addition to the optics, this lens is equipped with a twin XD Linear Motor system that is both swift and quiet, as well as providing more responsive control when using the manual focus feature. To facilitate photography in adverse weather situations, the lens includes dust- and moisture-sealed construction, as well as a fluorine coating on the front element.
This Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G Sony a7C lens also boasts exceptional close-up performance, as demonstrated by its minimum focus distance of 0.19 meters (maximum magnification: 0.2 times) and its ability to produce lovely bokeh in low-light conditions. With a weight of only 373g, its tiny dimensions and low weight make it an excellent choice for both filmmakers and vloggers both.
8. Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens
20 used from $1,600.00
- SONY EMOUNT LENS: 35mm full frame format, instant auto / manual focus selection, focus hold button. The minimum focus distance is 0.38 meters
- NATURAL, LIFELIKE IMAGERY: ED and Super ED glass elements deliver breathtaking texture and detail
- REDUCED ABERRATION: Two aspherical elements and an extremely precise XA element maximize resolution
- 9 BLADE APERTURE: SEL2470GM lenses have a 9 blade circular aperture for a gorgeous book effect
- NANO AR COATING: Allows for accurate light transmission to improve clarity, contrast and quality
The Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens is the go-to lens for many, including advanced professionals, due to its all-around capabilities and characteristics. With good image quality, the most-needed focal length range is solidly covered. Because of the wide f/2.8 maximum aperture, this lens excels at stopping activity in low light, making it an excellent choice for action sports and low-light events. The f/2.8 aperture also helps to create a significant background blur, which helps to separate the subject from a distracting background. The autofocus technology on this lens is excellent, and the wide aperture allows for excellent low-light AF performance. The “GM” construction quality from Sony ensures long-term performance.
9. Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens
15 used from $1,029.99
- G-lens design with 4 aspherical and 3 ED glass (extra-low Dispersion) elements, for high corner-to-corner resolving power throughout the entire zoom range
- Constant F4 maximum aperture maintains exposure and depth of field throughout the Zoom range
- 9-Blade circular aperture contributes to beautifully de-focused backgrounds. Format - 35 mm full-frame. Lens Groups / Elements - 14–17
- Minimum focusing distance of just 1. 25 feet provides close-up ability for an expansive range of expression
- Sports Sony's unique DDSM (direct drive Super-sonic motor system) internal focusing system and a responsive manual focusing ring, for fast, quiet, and precise focusing
The Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens adds significantly to the long end of the general-purpose focal length and includes Optical SteadyShot, despite lacking the wide f/2.8 aperture. Additional advantages of this lens over the Sony FE f/2.8 counterpart include its lighter weight, smaller size, and lower price, and, somewhat surprisingly, the f/4 lens is slightly sharper in most comparisons. The optical performance, together with the rest of the lens’s attributes, such as weather-sealed build quality and excellent close-focusing capability, make it a popular landscape photography zoom lens.
10. Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens
28 used from $676.36
- Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background Blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast f/2.8 aperture.
- Comfortably light weight (19.4 oz.) and compact (4.6 in). Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:2.9 (Wide); 1:4 (Tele)
- Close-focusing; minimum object distance: 7.5 in at wide-angle setting and 15.3 in at the telephoto position.
- All-new “rxd” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Moisture-resistant construction and fluorine coating for weather protection..Maximum Diameter:Φ73mm
It’s not often that I recommend buying a camera just to get a lens, but the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens is such a good deal that it’s worth it in this case. This lens has a wide f/2.8 aperture across the whole focal length range at a very inexpensive price. Even the Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 and FE 24-105 f/4 OSS lenses can’t compare to the image quality of this lens. The small size and lightweight of this lens will appeal to landscape photographers in particular, and Tamron’s (USA) 6-year guarantee is unrivaled. While I would love to have the 24mm focal length on my usual zoom lens, the whole package of this lens makes me willing to ignore that feature. The Tamron 28-75 is a fantastic all-around lens at a low price.
11. Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM
5 used from $1,050.00
- Compact Master wide prime Lens w/stunning wide-open resolution
- F1.4 max aperture provides extraordinary exposure and Depth of field
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh
- Two XA elements for natural, lifelike high resolution results
- In the box: Hood (ALC-SH154), Lens front cap (ALC-F67S), Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM), Case
Its quick and adaptable construction, along with a widely used wide-angle focal length and an exceptionally brilliant design, makes the Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM an excellent choice for landscape, wildlife, or street photography. Its wide-but-usable viewpoint is complimented by the f/1.4 maximum aperture, which excels in low-light settings while also allowing for greater control over depth of focus in portrait photography. Three extra-low dispersion elements are used to decrease chromatic aberrations, and two XA (extreme aspherical) elements are used to considerably limit spherical aberrations, resulting in an exceptionally high degree of picture sharpness and clarity.
Additionally, a Nano AR coating has been added to reduce ghosting and lens flare while working in bright lighting situations, resulting in enhanced contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, the lens has a Direct Drive Super Sonic Motor (DDSSM) technology that delivers rapid, silent, and high-precision autofocus performance. In addition, the lens supports hybrid autofocus with both contrast and focal-plane phase-detection AF. This Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM lens will be an excellent choice for pros, thanks to its clean bokeh, fast and precise autofocus, as well as its high level of control and dependability.
12. Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art Lens
6 used from $861.97
- Package Dimensions: 10.5 cms (L) x 18.3 cms (W) x 19.3 cms (H)
- Product Type: Camera Lenses
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country Of Origin: Japan
With a focal length range that covers the most common angles of view, the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art Lens is an excellent all-around lens. This lens is well-made and performs as well as it appears. The 24-70 DN Art lens has a large aperture, so it can handle low-light situations, and the image quality is excellent, especially considering the price.
13. Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens
5 used from $564.61
- Internal focusing
- Superb build quality
- Focus Mode Switch
- Nano Porous Coating
- Lightweight and compact body
The Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary Lens is the smallest and lightest Sony-mount lens that covers this focal length range, and it has been added to the list of recommended lenses. Those characteristics are typically important for landscape photographers who are on the move. Affordability is always a desirable feature in a lens.
14. Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS Lens
47 used from $859.99
- Brand is Sony
- Minimum focus distance:1–1.5 m (AF)/1–1.35 m (MF) (3.28–4.93 ft [AF]/3.28–4.43 ft [MF]), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.13x, Focal-Length : 70–200 mm
- Interchangeable Lens
My favorite landscape shots are frequently captured at telephoto focal lengths, and this lens has the necessary range for this use. With a fixed f/4 maximum aperture, this lens is significantly smaller, lighter, and less expensive than the wider f/2.8 variant. Optical SteadyShot, sturdy, weather-sealed build quality, and teleconverter compatibility are all included in the FE 70-200mm f/4.
15. Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens
19 used from $969.00
- Lightest and most compact in its class of fast tele zooms for Sony full-frame mirrorless
- VXD linear motor focus mechanism delivers high-speed and high precision autofocus performance
- Superior optical design for uncompromised image quality
- Moisture-Resistant Construction, Fluorine Coating, and Zoom Lock switch
Tamron continues to make excellent mirrorless lenses, and the 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens is no exception. Although the focal length range of this lens falls short of that of rival 70-200mm versions, the range it does provide is excellent for landscape photography, and the image quality is also excellent. During long wedding shoots, the compact size and low weight will be welcomed. Everyone appreciates that the pricing is reasonable.
16. Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS Lens
10 used from $2,095.00
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh
- 35 mm full-frame.Double-linear and Direct Drive SSM for fast, quiet, precise focus
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization significantly reduces blur
- Versatile min focus distance of 322’ / 035x max mag. Angle of View (APS-C):16 °-4 °10'2
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh.Maximum Magnification ratio (x):0.35
While landscape photographers may find the 100mm wide end of this lens to be a little too narrow at times, the 400mm end is often quite welcome, especially for making distant mountain landscapes large in the frame. I frequently photograph both wildlife and landscapes at the same time, and the range of this lens is great for that. When 400mm isn’t long enough, the teleconverter compatibility of this lens comes in handy. The Sony GM pro-grade build quality is evident in the FE 100-400.
17. Laowa 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 FE
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/22
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Frog Eye Dust & Water-Repellent Coating
The Laowa 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 FE Zoom from Venus Optics is a petite and flexible ultra-wide-angle zoom for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, distinguished by its especially compact and lightweight form factor. Its slim design and wide range of wide-angle focal lengths make it perfect for landscape, nature, and architectural photography, as well as astrophotography.
Its optical design includes aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements to correct a variety of aberrations and distortions for sharper, clearer image quality and accurate color rendering. To aid working in difficult environmental conditions, a Frog Eye Coating has been applied to repel dust and moisture from the front element of the lens. The manual aperture ring can also be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture changes, and the lens’s rear is threaded to accept 37mm screw-in filters for video applications.