Let’s have a look at the Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Sony a7C camera. This post will go through the greatest Sony lenses for video, as well as the finest Sony a7C lenses for YouTubers and cinematographers. We have only examined the finest Sony full-frame lenses for video and photography in this article. So, let’s talk about the best lenses for the A7C camera.
The A7C also incorporates a sensor-based image stabilization system, which means that when used on the A7C, all of these lenses will be stabilized.
Because the Sony A7C features environmental sealings (Weather Sealing), you might want to pair it with one of these.
Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Sony a7C in 2022
1. Sony 16-35 mm f/2.8 GM
The Sony 16-35 mm f/2.8 GM is a high-end E-mount Sony lens. The 16-35mm lens range allows you to capture both landscapes and portraits. The “G” designation denotes high build and image quality. The lens’s brilliant f/2.8 aperture ensures clear images even in low-light situations.
14 used from $1,669.00
- Designed to achieve 50 Line pairs/mm resolving power
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements w/ high surface precision. Minimum focus distance - 0.28 m (0.92 ft). Maximum Magnification ratio (x)- 0.19
- Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and Depth of field. Hood Type : Petal shape, bayonet type; APERTURE BLADES: 11
- Uncompromising G Master design for smooth bokeh and high resolution. Angle of View (35 mm): 107°–63°
- In-the-box: hood, lens front cap, lens rear cap, case, Mount: Sony E-mount
The Sony 16-35mm f/2.8 GM has an 11-blade circular aperture that ensures gorgeous, high-quality bokeh. It has two DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) systems with the original Sony piezoelectric Auto-focus motor, which operates shockingly fast and with high precision. DDSSM operates quietly, making it excellent for filming.
The lens is also backward compatible with earlier Sony cameras. Because of its small size, it is simple to transport. On the side, there is also an auto/manual focus button and a focus hold button. The lens body is built of durable plastic and weighs only 680 grams, making it more convenient to use for prolonged shots. The Nano-AR coating on the lens’s surface reduces flare and ghosting in backlighting settings. Its titanium weather-sealing O-ring keeps dust and moisture out of the Sony a7s III’s body.
The image quality is excellent. The visuals are sharp throughout the frame, not just in the center. It is one of the best and fastest lenses available for Sony’s full-frame cameras for around $2,000.00.
2. Sony 24-105mm f/4 G OSS
The Sony 24-105mm f/4 G OSS is a more expensive but more useful lens than the Sony 16-35mm. The lens produces clear images at all focal lengths thanks to a constant f/4 aperture throughout the zoom range. It’s made of high-quality, long-lasting polycarbonate, with a metallic weather seal that ensures the lens clicks snugly onto the camera.
14 used from $915.00
- G-lens design with 4 aspherical and 3 ED glass (extra-low Dispersion) elements, for high corner-to-corner resolving power throughout the entire zoom range
- 35 mm full-frame.Constant F4 maximum aperture maintains exposure and Depth of field throughout the zoom range
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to beautifuly de-focused bakgrounds
- Minimum focus distance- 0.38 m (1.25 feet)
- In-the-box: Hood (ALC-SH152), Lens front cap (ALC-F77S), Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM), Case.Angle of View (35 mm):84°-23°.Hood type:Petal shape, bayonet type
Its built-in optical image stabilization decreases obvious camera shake when shooting films or taking images. The Sony 24-105mm f/4 lens also has an auto/manual focus switch, a focus hold button, an optical steady shot button, and Sony’s Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) Auto Focus, which is quick, precise, and silent. As a result, the autofocus performs as expected for a professional lens, making it perfect for filming and photographing.
The Sony Nano AR coating keeps oil and dust from adhering to the glass, as well as preventing flares and ghosting. The lens hood is provided as part of the package.
It’s a flexible lens that’s best suited for vacation photography and videography. The 24-105mm focal length is ideal for photographing landscapes and close-up portraits. To some extent, it can also be used for wildlife photography. It is, however, more suited for event photography, street photography, and portrait photography. This lens may be purchased online for slightly more than a thousand dollars.
3. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
The Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM is one of the most impressive lenses available for Sony full-frame cameras. Although Sigma designed it to work with full-frame cameras, it’s also compatible with APS-C sensors. Its huge f/1.4 aperture is advantageous when you’re shooting in poor lighting conditions while achieving an extremely shallow depth of field. The label ‘A’ signifies that it belongs to the ‘Art’ category of lenses, a prestige line of Sigma lenses.
11 used from $559.00
- Focal length: 35mm
- Aperture range: f/1.4 - f/16
- Sony E mount lens
- 35mm film/ full-frame digital sensor Format
- Hyper-sonic motor focusing (HSM)
Sigma 35mm Art comes with a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM), ensuring a fast, precise, and refined autofocus. The f/1.4 DG HSM has One F-Low Dispersion (FLD) element and four Special-Low Dispersion (SLD) elements that reduce color fringing and chromatic aberration. It provides improved clarity and color accuracy in both pictures and videos. Unlike its predecessors, this lens has an all-metal barrel with a metal mount. It is, surprisingly, not as bulky and heavy as its Sony counterpart.
This Sigma lens could prove to be a significant value-for-money product for professional portrait photographers. Because the lens has a brass bayonet mount and a thermally stable composite, it will last a lifetime. The TSC (thermally stable composite) has 25% greater elasticity than polycarbonate, which further contributes to the high-precision construction of the lens. The 35mm focal length also makes it perfect for street photography. It is also well-suited for portrait photography and event photography. You can get a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art for under a thousand dollars.
4. Sony FE 85mm f/1.8
The Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 is a small and light lens that weighs only 371 grams. Because of its lightweight design, it is portable and easy to handle in real-world settings. It produces a smooth bokeh effect that does not detract from the subject’s focus on the background. Even in low-light circumstances, the big F1.8 aperture offers good image quality.
16 used from $425.00
- Wide F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 9-blade circular aperture creates beautiful round defocused bokeh
- ED glass element for corner-to-corner sharpness,Minimum Focus Distance:2.63 feet (0.8 m)
- Double Linear motor system for fast, quiet and precise focusing. The maximum magnification ratio is 0.13 and the angle of view is 29 degree
- Direct control w/ customizable focus hold button and AF/MF switch.35 mm equivalent focal length (APS-C):127.5
It has a dual linear motor system for precise, quiet operation, making it excellent for filmmaking. The lens has a circular 9-blade aperture that produces a lovely defocus appearance. It, like other Sony lenses, contains a focus hold button that may be customized, as well as an AF/MF switch. This lens, however, lacks built-in optical image stabilization. Sony’s most current cameras include an image stabilization technology built into the body.
The lens is well-made and ergonomically designed. The big focus ring reacts swiftly and is grippy enough to allow for seamless use. Because of the unique Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements, chromatic aberration is nearly imperceptible. Its dust and moisture-resistant design, as well as other enhancements, make it suitable for usage in almost every weather situation (according to Sony, you may use this lens in light-rain and windy conditions). The Sony FE 85mm F1.8 is a mid-range telephoto prime lens designed for additional sharpness and clarity in portrait photography. You can also use it for landscape and architecture photography. You can acquire it for a little more than $500.
5. Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM II OSS
The Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM II OSS is an excellent telephoto zoom lens. The consistent F2.8 aperture over the focal length range is a remarkable achievement. Its big aperture and maximum focal length allow you to photograph distant objects even in low-light circumstances while producing good bokeh.
7 used from $2,714.34
- The FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS delivers superb Image quality throughout the zoom range at all focusing distances with two aspherical elements and one XA (extreme aspherical) element to ensure high resolution throughout the image area. Two ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements, two Super ED glass elements and one ED aspherical element to minimize chromatic aberration while Sony’s Nano AR (anti-reflective) Coating II subdues flare and ghosting. For additional reach, high-performance 1.4x and 2x teleconverters are available (sold separately).
- Four of Sony’s original XD (Extreme Dynamic) Linear Motors deliver high thrust efficiency that boosts AF speed by up to 4x compared to the previous model for fast, precise continuous autofocus and tracking for stills and movies. AF tracking while zooming is improved by approx. 30% which greatly increase chances of getting the shot even with subjects moving rapidly towards the lens.
- Designed with movie magic in mind and the latest lens technology to reduce focus breathing, focus shift when zooming and axis shift when zooming. The XD Linear Motors and a new aperture drive unit contribute to quiet operation and independent control rings for focus, zoom and iris, with a click on/off switch for the aperture ring, make this lens ideal for movie shooting. Sony’s Linear Response MF feature ensures responsive and repeatable direct manual focus control.
- This lens offers outstanding optical quality and autofocus in the world’s lightest* 70-200mm F2.8 zoom lens. XD Linear Motors and magnesium alloy barrel components result in an overall weight of just 2.3 lb. (1045 grams); approx. 29% lighter than the previous model. Advanced design improves balance, while a constant barrel length further contributes to easy, agile handling.
The G Master design and technology provide unrivaled rendering capabilities, as well as rapid and precise AF. It has innovative double linear and ring Super Sonic Motor (SSM) actuators that give the power and precision needed for autofocusing in stills and videos for this heavy/full-size lens. It can handle close-up images in difficult settings because of the built-in optical image stabilization. The lens includes an Extreme Aspherical (XA) element, which contributes to the lens’s exceptional resolution and bokeh. It can also provide natural images thanks to four ED and two Super ED glass elements. To obtain optimal resolution across the focal length range, these components further minimize any chromatic aberration. It has a very short minimum focusing distance of 0.40 meters, which is excellent for a 70-200mm lens.
It is certain to break down barriers in terms of close-up performance. A focus mode switch, a focus range limiter, a focus hold button, a shaking compensation switch, and a shake compensation mode switch are among the physical features. As a result, for wildlife photography, I recommend the Sony FE 70-200m. It is available for purchase online for somewhat less than three thousand dollars.
6. Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di RXD lll
Only Sony Alpha-E mount cameras may use the Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di RXD III (Model A036) lens. Because of its practical focal length range and constant F2.8 aperture, this lens has long been in high demand.
- High-speed zoom lens specifically designed for mirrorless cameras
- RXD (Rapid extra-silent stepping Drive) motor ensures accurate, fast and quiet AF response
- Environmental seals located at the lens mount area and other critical locations provide an additional layer of protection when shooting outdoors under adverse weather conditions
- Fluorine coated front lens element provides excellent water and oil repellent qualities, making the lens surface easier to clean and less vulnerable to dirt, moisture or oily fingerprints
- Lens, Lens Hood, Front & Rear Lens Caps, Instructions
This lens, too, lacks built-in image stabilization. Instead, Tamron’s BBAR (Broad-band anti-reflection) coating is applied to the lens’s surface, which decreases ghosting and flare while maintaining clear image clarity. Furthermore, this Tamron lens incorporates a revolutionary high-speed precision AF drive system with an RXD (Rapid extra-silent stepping drive) motor unit. The AF motor is quick, precise, and remarkably quiet.
The circular aperture with nine blades generates flawlessly round defocused lighting and excellent background bokeh. The construction quality is excellent, with all of the necessary weather sealings to keep moisture and dust out of your equipment. It is perfectly matched for vivid image quality, outstanding bokeh, compact size, and reduced weight.
The 28-75mm focal length is useful for everyday photography, but it’s perfect for portrait, street, and event photography. This lens is ideal for photojournalists and other members of the media. However, it might also be used to capture landscapes and cityscapes. It can be purchased for less than a thousand dollars.
7. Tamron 70-180mm F2.8 Di III VXD
Only Sony Alpha-E mount full-frame mirrorless cameras may use the Tamron 70-180mm F2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056) telephoto zoom lens. The big, continuous F2.8 aperture across the zoom range, on the other hand, ensures good image quality at even longer focal lengths. In addition, Tamron’s newly developed VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism offers super-fast autofocus with precise and silent metering. Furthermore, its floating autofocus technology performs admirably at all focal lengths.
18 used from $829.00
- Lightest and most compact in its class of fast tele zooms for Sony full-frame mirrorless
- VXD linear motor focus mechanism delivers high-speed and high precision autofocus performance
- Superior optical design for uncompromised image quality
- Moisture-Resistant Construction, Fluorine Coating, and Zoom Lock switch
It just weighs 810 grams, which is very astounding for a telephoto zoom lens, and it turns out that it does wonders for any full-frame mirrorless camera in the long term. Because it lacks vibration control, this lens relies on the host camera body for optical image stabilization. Tamron claims that this lens boasts the fastest autofocus speed and precision in its 70-year history. The new BBAR-G2 (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection Generation 2) coating effectively decreases ghosting and flare. It also aids in the even rendering of subjects in backlighting settings. This lens also incorporates weather-resistant sealing all the way around the barrel to protect your equipment from the elements. This high-quality telephoto zoom lens is great for wildlife and event photography. It is available for purchase online for just more than a thousand dollars, making it a good and less expensive option for the Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS.
8. Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM
Strongly recommended! The Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM is a fast, adaptable lens that combines a popular wide-angle focal length with an unusually brilliant design. It’s ideal for landscape, nature, and street photography. Even when wide open at its maximum aperture of f/1.4, this lens is incredibly sharp across the frame. The bokeh is extremely smooth, and it also has a fast, precise AF drive, as well as top-tier control and reliability, making it an excellent choice for professionals. Its wide-but-usable field of view is matched by the f/1.4 maximum aperture, which excels in low-light circumstances while also providing greater control over the depth of field.
19 used from $975.99
- Compact Master wide prime Lens w/stunning wide-open resolution
- F1.4 max aperture provides extraordinary exposure and Depth of field
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh
- Two XA elements for natural, lifelike high resolution results
- In the box: Hood (ALC-SH154), Lens front cap (ALC-F67S), Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM), Case
The Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM lens is made up of 13 lens elements organized into ten groups, including two XA (extremely aspherical) elements that effectively eliminate sagittal flare and three ED (extra-low dispersion) elements that reduce chromatic aberrations. This prime wide-angle lens produces images with consistently high quality, making it suitable for landscape and architectural photography. The glass elements are additionally Nano AR-coated to reduce lens flare and ghosting, boosting image contrast and color accuracy even in low-light situations. This Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM lens will be an excellent choice for pros, thanks to its clean bokeh, fast and precise AF, and top-tier control and reliability.