The A-mount and E-mount lens mount systems are used by Sony cameras. The A-mount is common on Sony’s Translucent Mirror cameras, whereas mirrorless cameras utilize the E-mount. Because of the small flange back distance of mirrorless E-mount models, compact, high-performance bodies and lenses with excellent handling and mobility may be designed.
For both amateur and professional photographers, a wide-angle lens is always a must-have. We have an increasing number of super wide-angle lenses to pick from as more firms enter the mirrorless camera sector, which Sony pioneered. We’ve put together a list of the top 8 wide-angle lenses for you today, and we hope you enjoy your next session!
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Sony a7C
Rokinon 12mm F2.0 AF
Ultra Wide Angle Auto Focus Lens for Sony E Mount (IO12AF-E)
Sony - E 10-18mm F4 OSS
Wide-Angle Zoom Lens (SEL1018),Black
Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN
Contemporary Lens for Sony E (402965)
Sony SEL-20F28 E-Mount 20mm F2.8 Prime Fixed Lens
Sony - FE 12-24mm F4 G
Wide-Angle Zoom Lens (SEL1224G),Black
laowa 12 mm f/2.8
Zero-d Sony FE Lens (Wide, MILC/SLR, 16/10, 22 – 2.8, Manual, Sony E)
Zeiss 18mm f/2.8
Batis Series Lens for Sony Full Frame E-Mount NEX Cameras (Open Box)
Vario-Tessar T FE F4 ZA OSS E-Mount Lens
1. Rokinon 12mm F2.0
The wide-angle lens from Rokinon is the finest you can buy for the money. It’s a very wide-angle prime lens made exclusively for Sony mirrorless cameras with APS-C picture sensors. This lens is ideal for interior, landscape, and architectural photography, with a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 18mm and a wide 98.9° angle of view. The camera’s quick f/2.0 maximum aperture makes it ideal for nightscapes and other low-light situations. It’s razor-sharp and produces incredible results while shooting. Rokinon is ideal for those who aren’t interested in videography. The only thing to keep in mind is that it has Manual Focus, which may be a difficulty for newcomers.
2 used from $283.13
- Compatible with all Sony E-Mount Mirrorless cameras.
- Aperture range of F2.0-22; Glass is ultra multi-coated (UMC) and Lens is constructed of 12 elements in 10 groups.
- Minimum focusing distance of 7.48 inches and has a filter size of 62mm.
- The integrated autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras' focusing systems for quick, accurate, and precise AF control.
2. Sony E 10–18 mm F4 OSS
Capture everything with absolute accuracy, from broad vistas to breathtaking interior photos with dramatic perspective – even in low-light circumstances with a constant F4 maximum aperture. The Sony 10-18 mm F4 OSS delivers the highest quality you can imagine, and if you’re a pro who cares about the finer aspects of the image and have enough money, you should definitely take this one home.
83 used from $461.00
- Angle of View (APS-C) - 109 ° – 76 °
- Minimum focal length of 10 mm (15 mm in 35 mm-camera equivalency)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.82 ft (0.25 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.1x
- Superbly detailed images;Aperture Maximum: f/4 ; Minimum: f/22. 35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C) : 15-27mm
- In-the-box:Hood (ALC-SH123), Lens front cap, Lens rear cap
3. Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary
The Sigma 16mm 1.4 DC DN Contemporary is a high-performance prime lens with an F1.4 aperture developed for APS-C mirrorless cameras such as Sony E mount and Micro Four Thirds. The wide aperture is ideal for low-light photography and producing depth of field, and the camera’s tiny size makes it extremely portable. During video filming, the optical architecture and stepping motor provide smooth autofocus. The lens design completely supports Sony E-mount cameras’ Fast Hybrid AF for super-fast autofocus performance.
15 used from $315.00
- Compatible with Sony E mount cameras
- Perfect for nature & event photography
- Large f/1.4 aperture for superb lowlight performance
- Compact size makes it very portable
- Fully accommodates Fast Hybrid AF
4. Sony E 20 mm F2.8
This small (20.4 mm), lightweight pancake lens performs admirably whether shooting stills or videos. It’s great for interiors, nature, and pictures, among other things. For experienced photographers, the 20mm focal length (30mm in 35mm full-frame format) and F2.8 maximum aperture will appeal, but the superb resolution of this lens will also fulfill their most severe picture quality needs.
30 used from $241.00
- Superior Image Quality
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.66 feet (0.2 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.12x
- Focal Length- 20 mm, Compact Length; Lens not Zoomable
- Superb value and performance. Angle of View (APS-C) -70°. Maximum aperture (F) - 2.8. 35 mm equivalent focal length (APS-C) - 11.82 inch
- Broaden your view with a wide angle: From a vast cliff to a stretching sandy beach, fit everything in with a 20 mm wide angle. Angle of View (APS-C): 70°
5. Sony FE 12-24mm F4 G
With superb corner-to-corner G Lens sharpness at all apertures, this tiny 12–24 mm ultra-wide-angle zoom lens has the smallest focal lengths of any full-frame E-mount lens. It’s a great camera for photographing dramatic landscapes and architecture. Its excellent mobility, as well as its quiet, fast, and exact focusing, make it perfect for capturing both videos and stills.
11 used from $1,225.00
- G Lens design for corner-to-corner high resolution
- Maximum magnification ratio (x) :0.14.Premium Optics; 4 aspherical, 1 Super ED, 3 ED glass elements
- Constant F4 max aperture maintains exposure and Depth of field
- 7-blade circular aperture contributes to beautiful bokeh
- Direct Drive Supersonic Wave motor for fast, quiet, precise focus
6. Venus Optics Laowa 12mm f/2.8 Zero-D Lens
It’s the world’s widest f/2.8 lens with little distortion. This lens has the largest field of view (122°) of any f/2.8 lens, making it perfect for a wide range of shooting conditions. Landscape, architecture, interiors, travel, and, most importantly, astrophotography are all covered. Although it is the lightest and smallest lens in its class, it is nonetheless considered hefty. It’s also worth noting that it’s a manual focus lens. For further protection when working in adverse weather, a Frog Eye Coating has been sprayed to resist both dust and moisture.
3 used from $729.00
- Ultra wide-angle zoom lens
- Full Frame
- 12 mm
- Macro Manual
7. ZEISS Batis 18mm F/2.8
This is the excellent full-frame lens for landscape, Astro, and architectural photography if you enjoy traveling or photographing in the wild. It offers a wide field of view and quick focusing, as well as dust and sprays water resistance for dependable shooting in any conditions. ZEISS has long worked with Sony to develop strong lenses such as this one.
- Zeiss 18mm f/2.8 Batis Series Lens for Sony E (Open Box) - Lens Caps - Lens hood - Zeiss Warranty
- Super wide-angle lens for full-frame E mount cameras, with a 99½ diagonal field of view
- New floating element design based on the Distagon style, with 11 elements in 10 groups
- 7 lens elements comprised of special glass with 4 aspherical elements
- Weather sealed barrel for moisture and dust protection
8. Sony Zeiss 16-35 f/4
The Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16–35mm F4 ZA OSS Lens comes with a slew of exciting features. The first is the lens’s modest size and lightweight for a lens of this caliber, which makes it a fantastic match for the smaller Sony alpha cameras to which it attaches. Another plus is the excellent Zeiss build quality, which includes a metal casing and a sleek, sharp-looking design.
63 used from $619.00
- Ideal for landscapes and the a7 series of full frame cameras, ZEISS T (T star) coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.92 feet (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio: 0. 19x, Focal-Length: 5/8 - 1-3/8 Inches
- Three ED glass elements suppress chromatic distortion, constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
- Built-in Optical Steady Shot image stabilization, dust and moisture resistant design
- Angle of View (35 mm)107°-63° Angle of View (APS-C) 83°-44°. Weight- 18.3 ounce.Optical Design : 12 Elements in 10 Groups
This lens produces crisp images, with Optical SteadyShot (OSS) assisting this feature and expanding the lens’ flexibility. When you combine it with a widely utilized focal length range, you have a lens that will be on the camera for a considerable portion of the time. When you combine this feature set with a reasonable price, you have a very appealing lens choice for the kit.