The Sony a7C is one of the best-selling full-frame mirrorless cameras introduced in 2020, and it is one of the best-selling cameras overall. If you want to take better images with your Sony a7C, you need to invest in a flash. There are a plethora of excellent Speedlite flashes available on the market today, and we have evaluated and tested the most recent models. The following are the top-recommended Speedlite flashes for the Sony a7C:
Best Flash for Sony a7c
1. Sony HVL-F46RM Wireless Radio Flash
- Stable GN46 output for a wide range of lighting needs
- Per-frame P-TTL flash control instantly adapts to changing light
- Up to 60 flashes in high-speed bursts at up to 10 fps
- 320 flashes with fast recycle time of 2 second
- Light output optimized for focal length 24-105mm
The Sony HVL-F46RM is an updated version of the Sony HVL-F45RM digital video recorder. Sony wireless radio flashes are some of the most popular on the market, and this one is a tiny flash that is packed with a lot of capabilities. It is constructed with high-quality materials and is dust and moisture resistant. A commander or a remote may be assigned to this flash, and it fully supports Sony’s current radio commanders and radio receivers, offering features such as ratio control, the ability to operate with up to 15 flashes in five groups, and access to fourteen channels. The flash is also compatible with Sony’s optical wireless flash system, where it may be used as either a commander or a remote unit, depending on the situation.
2. Sony HVL-F60RM2 Wireless Radio Flash
3 used from $426.89
- High-output Guide Number for compact mirrorless cameras (GN60)
- Intelligent communication with the latest Alpha cameras
- White balance and flash control linked to camera face detection
- Per-frame P-TTL flash control instantly adapts to changing light
- Light output optimized for focal length (14mm w/ wide panel to 200mm)
The Sony HVL-F60RM2 flash is the finest available flash for the Sony a7R IV at the moment. When compared to the HVL-F60RM, it has a significant improvement. Precision-engineered to harness the power of the Alpha camera series, this cutting-edge flash takes advantage of face detection and TTL metering to deliver versatility previously unattainable with on-camera illumination. It is available in black or white. It has a recharge period of 1.7 seconds and can fire up to 200 consecutive times at a rate of 10 frames per second.
3. Godox V1 Flash for Sony
- [Compatible with] Compatible with Sony Cameras and is compatible with TTL autoflash.
- [Build-in 2.4G Wireless X System] Optic transmission with even illumination and stable output. Build-in 2.4G wireless transmission offers all-in-one functions and 100 meters further transmission distance.
- [Support TTL Functions] TTL autoflash, Manual Flash, 1/8000s High-speed sync, Flash Exposure Compensation, Flash Exposure Lock, Second Curtain Sync, Modeling flash, etc.
- [Powerful Li-ion Battery] 2600mAh lithium batteries ensure better shooting performance.Max. 1.5s recycle time & 480 full power pops.
- [Excellent light effects] Distributing even light from center to edge, providing natural and beautiful light effect V1 Round flash head's light effect is softer and more even. [Noted:]Please let us know if there is a problem with the hot shoe mount in the 12-month warranty
A strong 76Ws output combined with a distinctive appearance distinguishes the Godox V1 Flash as a cutting-edge light source with characteristics that accurately represent the status of the industry today. In addition to being compatible with Sony ADI / P-TTL, this versatile on-camera light is differentiated by its round head, which emits soft, smooth light with a progressive fall-off that enhances the flattering output of the camera. The head rotates 330 degrees and can be tilted from -7 to 120 degrees. It also includes a magnetic surface that allows for lightning-fast connection of Godox’s auxiliary light modifiers to the camera.
4. Sony HVL-F28RM External Flash
5 used from $205.35
- Compact, reliable and made by Sony for flawless flash control
- Ideal Guide Number power for compact mirrorless cameras (GN28)1
- Higher power at close 50mm focal length
- Uses the camera’s face detection2 to capture natural skin tones
- Rear-Sync, Slow-sync, High Speed Sync and Multi-flash settings
Sony’s HVL-F28RM External Flash is a sleek and portable flash with an impressive guide number of 92′ at ISO 100 and 50mm. It also includes a built-in 2.4 GHz radio transceiver, which allows photographers to quickly create portable lighting setups that include full support for P-TTL / ADI metering and other advanced features. A commander or a remote may be assigned to this flash, and it fully supports Sony’s existing radio commander and receiver models, including ratio control and the ability to operate with as many as 15 flashes organized into five groups. In terms of physical design, the HVL-F28RM features a small, pocketable size that is well-suited to the a7-series mirrorless devices. It also includes a tilting head that can be adjusted from 0 to 120 degrees for flexible bounce control. A robust metal foot, as well as a dust and moisture-resistant design, round out the features of this product.
5. Bolt VD-410 Manual Flash
With its straightforward manual operation, a modest guide number of 124.7′ at ISO 100, and adaptability given by on- and off-camera triggering options, including wireless, the Bolt VD-410 Manual Flash will find a home in many camera bags. When using the manual output, the power may be adjusted from 1/1 to 1/128 and the light can be positioned by tilting the head from 0-90° and swiveling up to 90° right or 180° left, respectively. The flash also features conventional coverage for 35mm and longer lenses, as well as a built-in diffuser that extends coverage to lenses as wide as 18mm.
6. Yongnuo YN560-IV Speedlite
- YN560 IV=YN560III+YN560-TX, Supports Wireless Master Function.
- YN-560 IV can be used as master unit, provides 3 independent groups with controlling abiligy, realizing remote control the flas mode, flash output, and focal length of YN-560 IV and YN-560 III
- One YN-560 IV can receive the wireless signal from YN560 IV, YN560-TX, RF-603 II and RF-602, with optical 16 channels. When YN-560 IV and YN560-TX used as transmitter, it can realize remote control and parameter settings.
- It can be triggered through the flash mounted on the camera, 2.4G wirless triggering system, S1 and S2 pre flash cancel mode.
- Supports setting save automatically, custom settings ( fn ). GN58@ISO100, 105mm ( M / MUlti mode ). Supports ultra-fast charging recycle system, External power supply.
With the Yongnuo Speedlite, you can activate other flashes from up to 328 feet away, and it can also be triggered by the RF-603 and RF-602 wireless transmitters, which are both included with the Speedlite. It has a guide number of 190′ at ISO 100 and at 105mm, which is impressive for a compact camera. With a zoom range of 24-105mm, the device is also highly adaptable, and the zoom range may be extended to 18mm by using the built-in wide-angle diffuser. Also available is the ability to alter the output from 1/1 to 1/128 power in increments of 1/3 and 1/2 EV.